Win 3.X aplication

Hi all

Does anybody know how to build a win 3.x (16 bit) aplication with
delphi3 ?
I have to build a tool which should work on both OS. (win 95 and win
3.x)
Can I compile a 16 Bit aplication with the standart Delphi compiler?

thanks!

beat Eichenberger, Switzerland

eichenber...@active.ch

Re:Win 3.X aplication

In article <36344B2F.A622...@active.ch>, eichenber...@active.ch says...

>Does anybody know how to build a win 3.x (16 bit) aplication with
>delphi3 ?
>I have to build a tool which should work on both OS. (win 95 and win
>3.x)
>Can I compile a 16 Bit aplication with the standart Delphi compiler?

No, you can only build 32 bit code with Delphi 2+. Use Delphi 1 to compile your
program as a 16 bit program (Delphi 1 should be on the Delphi 3 CD).

--
Christo Crause
Thermal Separations Research

Re:Win 3.X aplication

beat Eichenberger heeft geschreven in bericht
<36344B2F.A622...@active.ch>...
|Hi all
|
|Does anybody know how to build a win 3.x (16 bit) aplication with
|delphi3 ?

Yes and no. Some people will argue that it is possible to do a so-called
thunk from 32 > 16 bit. Don't do it. It's a horrible mess.

|I have to build a tool which should work on both OS. (win 95 and win
|3.x)

Simply use Delphi1; it will run on both OS, and it's included with D3.

|Can I compile a 16 Bit aplication with the standart Delphi compiler?

Yes, with the standard _D1_ compiler, not with D2/3/4.

Regards,
Dirk Claessens
dirk.claess...@village.ZZuunet.be
dirk.claessens...@belgium.ZZagfa.com
Mailheader was forged  to fight spam !
Use the above and remove ZZ

Re:Win 3.X aplication

In article <36344B2F.A622...@active.ch>, eichenber...@active.ch wrote:
>Hi all

>Does anybody know how to build a win 3.x (16 bit) aplication with
>delphi3 ?
>I have to build a tool which should work on both OS. (win 95 and win
>3.x)
>Can I compile a 16 Bit aplication with the standart Delphi compiler?

>thanks!

>beat Eichenberger, Switzerland
>eichenber...@active.ch

You will have to install Delphi 1 (it's on the Delphi 3 CD) and build your
16-bit program with that.

The good news is, if you build it in Delphi 1 it will (most likely, depending
on how complicated you get) compile without difficulty in Delphi 3.

Stephen Legge
RightClick Softworks
Ottawa, Canada

Other Threads