How to use Delphi to write CGI program

Dear all:
    Can you help me ? How to use Delphi 2.0 to write CGI program.

Re:How to use Delphi to write CGI program

In article <01bbfb9a$fdc4f760$ad994...@william.mic.com.tw>, "william" <will...@email.gcn.net.tw> wrote:

>Dear all:
>    Can you help me ? How to use Delphi 2.0 to write CGI program.

This should be posted in one of the Delphi groups - maybe
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc.

However - my recommendations would be:

Make your CGI program a console application.

If run as a cgi-bin program you can just write to standard output, however,
buffering output to a string collection is sometimes nice, because you can
reset it if you hit an error condition.

Read environment variables - for processing form post data etc, using
GetEnvironmentVariable() or GetEnvironmentStrings().

There are also some components etc. available on the net - check the Delphi
Super Page.

Note: Doing CGI in Delphi 2.0 is really no different from doing CGI in any
language - so CGI programming tutorials for C++, or C should be useful as
well.

Brian

Other Threads