is TITAN for Btrieve Access reliable?

In Delphi Informant, AmiSys Inc is advertising Titan for Delphi,
"A High Performance Btrieve Interface for Delphi Developers" $295.
Does anyone have experience and opinions about this product.
I am about to convert old Turbo Pascal 7.0 Btrieve DOS programs
to Delphi - I was planning to just recompile the Btrieve Access
units using the same interface I had used in DOS, the B-Requestor.
Might this product be easier and more reliable?
Thanks, Jack

Re:is TITAN for Btrieve Access reliable?

J...@american.edu wrote:
>In Delphi Informant, AmiSys Inc is advertising Titan for Delphi,
>"A High Performance Btrieve Interface for Delphi Developers" $295.
>Does anyone have experience and opinions about this product.
>I am about to convert old Turbo Pascal 7.0 Btrieve DOS programs
>to Delphi - I was planning to just recompile the Btrieve Access
>units using the same interface I had used in DOS, the B-Requestor.
>Might this product be easier and more reliable?
>Thanks, Jack

Titan replaces the BDE interface portion of the VCL, so it would be MUCH easier
than native Btrieve calls. You need .DDF files. I've only run into one small
problem with it, so its certainly better than the ODBC route, and I'd recommend
looking at it closely. It'll probably pay for itself pretty quickly over
B-requestor stuff. I haven't tried transactions yet through TDatabase's
interface.

-Tony Lownds

J...@american.edu wrote:
>In Delphi Informant, AmiSys Inc is advertising Titan for Delphi,
>"A High Performance Btrieve Interface for Delphi Developers" $295.
>Does anyone have experience and opinions about this product.
>I am about to convert old Turbo Pascal 7.0 Btrieve DOS programs
>to Delphi - I was planning to just recompile the Btrieve Access
>units using the same interface I had used in DOS, the B-Requestor.
>Might this product be easier and more reliable?

Titan is a solid product that reproduces much of the functionality of
the BDE.  Its not perfect: there are some minor bugs and
incompatibilities with 3rd party data-aware components, but its fast
and gets the job done.

As far as ease of use, its as easy to use as the BDE because it gives
you access to all the great data-aware components that are out there.

>Thanks, Jack

Your welcome
-Steve

Other Threads