Scan a port

Hi all
So far I am able to comunicate using server/client socket using Indy but you
always need that the client knows the server IP and the port that is
listening.

Is there a way to have a server that listens only to a specific and is able
to receive a client broadcast to that port without an IP?

Thanks!

Re:Scan a port

Im not sure I understand, but you MUST have the IP address to be able to
contact a server. Unless you are speaking of UDP over a local network, then
you could broadcast. This WON'T work over the internet as your packets will
be stopped by the router.

--

Gordon Hamm
Voice Data Systems Inc.

"forums.inprise.com" <johnwestsr2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi all
> So far I am able to comunicate using server/client socket using Indy but
you
> always need that the client knows the server IP and the port that is
> listening.

> Is there a way to have a server that listens only to a specific and is
able
> to receive a client broadcast to that port without an IP?

> Thanks!

Other Threads