Need help with TCP exchanges...

    Hi !

    I would like to know how I can send a TList Items throught a TCP
connection... I'm able to create the connection between two pc and exchange
text... But I don't know how to send other than text...
    Can you help me please ?

    Thanks
    @+

--
    Aurlien
    a...@club-internet.fr

Re:Need help with TCP exchanges...

Why do you want to send a Tlist ??
A Tlist is basically a bunch of pointers to the memory on your computer, on
the other persons computer those pointers are not valid.

Roel

AJCG <destroy...@usa.net> wrote:
>     Hi !
>     I would like to know how I can send a TList Items throught a TCP
> connection... I'm able to create the connection between two pc and exchange
> text... But I don't know how to send other than text...
>     Can you help me please ?
>     Thanks
>     @+
> --
>     Aur?lien
>     a...@club-internet.fr
>     www.multimania.com/ajcg
>     http://perso.club-internet.fr/ajcg

Re:Need help with TCP exchanges...

Yep. But he may well want to stream the entire datastructure... at which
point my programming web pages may be of considerable help.

I've written a whole load of protocols which let you stream entire
datastructures over TCP (and do a whole lot more!)

MH.

Roel Spapens wrote:

> Why do you want to send a Tlist ??
> A Tlist is basically a bunch of pointers to the memory on your computer, on
> the other persons computer those pointers are not valid.

> Roel

> AJCG <destroy...@usa.net> wrote:
> >     Hi !

> >     I would like to know how I can send a TList Items throught a TCP
> > connection... I'm able to create the connection between two pc and exchange
> > text... But I don't know how to send other than text...
> >     Can you help me please ?

> >     Thanks
> >     @+

> > --
> >     Aur?lien
> >     a...@club-internet.fr
> >     www.multimania.com/ajcg
> >     http://perso.club-internet.fr/ajcg

--
Martin Harvey.
Totally rewritten web pages at:

"ALGOL 60 was a language so far ahead of its time that it
was not only an improvement on its predecessors but also
on nearly all its successors". C.A.R. Hoare

You think my sig is long? Just you wait until I attach a
uuencoded wav of Mahler II to it...

Other Threads