S.O.S. MS Access and Delphi

Hi,

   Please ... Could you help me ??? I want to use Access Table in a
Delphi Application.

   But I don't know :
       - if it is possible
       - and how can I use my Tables in Delphi (Database).

   Thanks a lot. Have a nice Day !

                Murielle
                        indi0...@pophost.indic.be      ( or indi0...@indic.be)

Re:S.O.S. MS Access and Delphi

In article <3336CE3B.5...@indic.be> Murielle <indi0...@indic.be> writes:
> Hi,

>    Please ... Could you help me ??? I want to use Access Table in a
> Delphi Application.

>    But I don't know :
>        - if it is possible

This is should be no problem. If you don't want to purchase any
additional products, you can use ODBC to access ACCESS. You can
find exact instructions on how you do this in you manual.

However, a product call Apollo is suppose to allow you direct
access to ACCESS. This will give the additional benefit of
not needing to distribute BDE along with you app.

--
Gary Quan <g...@instepmobile.com>
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Re:S.O.S. MS Access and Delphi

Murielle wrote:

> Hi,

>    Please ... Could you help me ??? I want to use Access Table in a
> Delphi Application.

>    But I don't know :
>        - if it is possible
>        - and how can I use my Tables in Delphi (Database).

>    Thanks a lot. Have a nice Day !

>                 Murielle
>                         indi0...@pophost.indic.be      ( or indi0...@indic.be)

What versions of Delphi you are using?

If Delphi 1.0 you should use ODBC to connect. And also a company called
Reggatta they are do a Titan Access for Delphi 16bit( But no t released
yet).

If Delphi 2.0 you can go to the following site to find information

        www.reggatta.com
        www.opus.ch
        www.xeaglex.com

Re:S.O.S. MS Access and Delphi

The general strategy is to
1)  Set up Access's ODBC driver using the ODBC icon in the control panel
2)  Set up Borlands BDE configuration to recognize Access's ODBC driver
One will need the Developer's edition or higher which includes support for
ODBC.

One can also wait for Delphi 3, which will have direct drivers to Access.
There are also third-party drivers for Delphi to attach to Access.  Check
out the ads in Delphi Informant.
Gene

Murielle <indi0...@indic.be> wrote in article <3336CE3B.5...@indic.be>...

> Hi,

>    Please ... Could you help me ??? I want to use Access Table in a
> Delphi Application.

>    But I don't know :
>        - if it is possible
>        - and how can I use my Tables in Delphi (Database).

>    Thanks a lot. Have a nice Day !

>            Murielle
>                    indi0...@pophost.indic.be      ( or indi0...@indic.be)

Re:S.O.S. MS Access and Delphi

use a search engine and try:
 DirectAccess
 Titan
 JetSet

good luck

Joe

>    Please ... Could you help me ??? I want to use Access Table in a
> Delphi Application.

Re:S.O.S. MS Access and Delphi

Murielle wrote:

> Hi,

>    Please ... Could you help me ??? I want to use Access Table in a
> Delphi Application.

>    But I don't know :
>        - if it is possible
>        - and how can I use my Tables in Delphi (Database).

>    Thanks a lot. Have a nice Day !

>                 Murielle
>                         indi0...@pophost.indic.be      ( or indi0...@indic.be)

It is possibile, but you must know the connect string for MS Access via
ODBC.

Re:S.O.S. MS Access and Delphi

Hi, Gary!

Wrong! :-)  Apollo does not work with ACCESS files, but with
Clipper and FoxPro database files...  Apollo doesn't have anything
to do with ACCESS.

For more information on Apollo, visit SuccessWare's web site at
http://www.gosware.com

HTH

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions 3.0 for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc

Joe Hendricks <serv...@thassoc.com> wrote in article
<01bc39e8$71e59b00$728402c7@th_assoc.harbornet.com>...

> use a search engine and try:
>  DirectAccess
>  Titan
>  JetSet

> good luck

> Joe

> >    Please ... Could you help me ??? I want to use Access Table in a
> > Delphi Application.

These work only in D2, although Titan have released (but doesn't work for
me yet) a beta of their Delphi 1.0 interface.  You can always use ODBC, but
make sure you use the ODBC drivers from the Microsoft ODBC pack.  ODBC to
Access is slow unless you use it only as a standard SQL database using
TQuery.

Paul

Other Threads