Board index » delphi » Help, someone having Free Pascal

Help, someone having Free Pascal

Sorry for bothering you, but I'd need the following program compiled
32-bit (with Free Pascal) and I don't have a suitable PC to do it myself.

http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/NEROWB.PAS

The program is a chess engine for WinBoard-GUI. WinBoard needs 32-bit
engines and my old PC does 16-bit exe-files only.

                                        Jari
--
PER ARDUA IN FIDE SERVITE DEO

http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/

 

Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Quote
Jari Huikari <huik...@jane.it.jyu.fi> wrote:
> Sorry for bothering you, but I'd need the following program compiled
> 32-bit (with Free Pascal) and I don't have a suitable PC to do it myself.
> The program is a chess engine for WinBoard-GUI. WinBoard needs 32-bit
> engines and my old PC does 16-bit exe-files only.

I have got some compilations and they work! BUT not totally perfect.
In Procedure set_initial_pos a minor change has to be done. The first
command there said   forcing:=true;
There should be forcing:=false   instead!

(Otherwise my engine doesn't play against human with black pieces)

So I ask that I could get compilation with this thing corrected.

The correct source is now updated to:
 http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/NEROWB.PAS

        Thanks!

                                        Jari
--
PER ARDUA IN FIDE SERVITE DEO

http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/

Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Quote
Jari Huikari <huik...@jane.it.jyu.fi> wrote:

Sorry for bothering you, but I'd need the following program compiled
32-bit (with Free Pascal or some else 32-bit Pascal) and I don't have a
suitable PC to do it myself.

The program is a chess engine for WinBoard-GUI. WinBoard needs 32-bit
engines and my old PC does 16-bit exe-files only.

I got one but it stopped to some run time error after end of book moves.

So could someone still compile this
  http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/NEROWB.PAS

AND Run it, and type command line   a2a3<enter> to see the possible
Run time error...

command  quit<enter>  stops the program.

        Thanks!

                                        Jari
--
PER ARDUA IN FIDE SERVITE DEO

http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/

Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Quote
>engines and my old PC does 16-bit exe-files only.

>I got one but it stopped to some run time error after end of book moves.

>So could someone still compile this
>  http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/NEROWB.PAS

>AND Run it, and type command line   a2a3<enter> to see the possible
>Run time error...

>command  quit<enter>  stops the program.

I will look into this tonight (don't have access to Windows systems atm)

Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Quote
> So could someone still compile this
>   http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/NEROWB.PAS

> AND Run it, and type command line   a2a3<enter> to see the possible
> Run time error...

> command  quit<enter>  stops the program.

It compiles, I put it at
www.stack.nl/~marcov/nerowb.exe

It is upx packed and 40kb.

If I do a2a3, it replies "move b8c6"

--

Marco van de Voort (Mar...@stack.nl or ma...@freepascal.org)

Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Quote

>I've attached the DPR I used as well as the EXE.

>BTW: The error I got when I compiled it with TMT Pascal for DOS was #216 - a
>GPF (General Protection Fault). Yet it runs fine when compiled with
>Delphi...

It compiles with FPC too. Probably a flaw in TMT. Maybe it is wise to submit
it to the TMT team.

Quote
>Aah. It's a chess engine, is it? Very nice.
>I've compiled it with Delphi 3 successfully. Keep the DPR file - don't be
>deceived though - it's only a PAS file with a different extension.

Did you need to modify it? FPC compiled it right away.

Re:Help, someone having Free Pascal


Marco van de Voort <mar...@snail.stack.nl> wrote:

Quote

>>I've attached the DPR I used as well as the EXE.

>>BTW: The error I got when I compiled it with TMT Pascal for DOS was #216 - a
>>GPF (General Protection Fault). Yet it runs fine when compiled with
>>Delphi...
> It compiles with FPC too. Probably a flaw in TMT. Maybe it is wise to submit
> it to the TMT team.
>>Aah. It's a chess engine, is it? Very nice.
>>I've compiled it with Delphi 3 successfully. Keep the DPR file - don't be
>>deceived though - it's only a PAS file with a different extension.

Could you send me the delphi file too?

                                        Jari
--
PER ARDUA IN FIDE SERVITE DEO

http://www.mit.jyu.fi/~huikari/

Other Threads