BDE AVs

I am using D3.02, BDE 5 with DBASE4 files.  When I turn Local share to
true, my program starts to crash in several places. I have traced a
few of these into the BDE dlls.  Calls like locate and release lock in
the BDE cause the AVs.  The dbf files are on the local machine and no
oter program is accessing them.  The application has about 10 tables
and a couple of queries open.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re:BDE AVs

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:33:37 GMT, phi...@sabernet.net (Philip) wrote:
>I am using D3.02, BDE 5 with DBASE4 files.  When I turn Local share to
>true, my program starts to crash in several places. I have traced a
>few of these into the BDE dlls.  Calls like locate and release lock in
>the BDE cause the AVs.  The dbf files are on the local machine and no
>oter program is accessing them.  The application has about 10 tables
>and a couple of queries open.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Philip,

Sorry, no solution.  Just want to say that I did a brief test with
local share to true using D3.01, BDE 4.51 and dBaseIV files a while
ago.  Same situation here.

Jan

Re:BDE AVs

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:03:38 GMT, j...@nospamplease.adm2000.be (Jan

Sprengers) wrote:

Thanks for the response.  What did you end up going with? Can it be
used in a multi-user environment?

Philip

>On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:33:37 GMT, phi...@sabernet.net (Philip) wrote:

>>I am using D3.02, BDE 5 with DBASE4 files.  When I turn Local share to
>>true, my program starts to crash in several places. I have traced a
>>few of these into the BDE dlls.  Calls like locate and release lock in
>>the BDE cause the AVs.  The dbf files are on the local machine and no
>>oter program is accessing them.  The application has about 10 tables
>>and a couple of queries open.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Philip,

>Sorry, no solution.  Just want to say that I did a brief test with
>local share to true using D3.01, BDE 4.51 and dBaseIV files a while
>ago.  Same situation here.

>Jan

Re:BDE AVs

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:12:10 GMT, phi...@sabernet.net (Philip) wrote:
>Thanks for the response.  What did you end up going with? Can it be
>used in a multi-user environment?

Sorry, but I can't be much of help here.  I just did a small test some
while ago to see the performance difference between local share = true
vs. false.  When I started to get the AV's just like you I decided not
to put local share to true for the moment.

I will need to investigate this later though, because my application
will have to run on non-dedicated servers too.  If I find something, I
will let you know.

Jan

Other Threads