300Mhz CPU's and BP7 execution

We talked about getting software to run on 200Mhz CPU's with the
folowwing compiler directive {$S 0} and that seemed to work fine.  Any
ideas on how to get them to run on a machine with a 300Mhz CPU??

Thanks,

I'm not a student anymore....

Re:300Mhz CPU's and BP7 execution

In <3454EBDE.72A54...@cffm.agecon.umn.edu>,

Rann Loppnow <r...@cffm.agecon.umn.edu> wrote:
> We talked about getting software to run on 200Mhz CPU's

Are you talking about the "runtime error 200" problem caused by the unit Crt?
If not, ignore the rest of my posting, and please state the problem before
asking for solutions.

> with the folowwing compiler directive {$S 0} and that seemed to work fine.

Now, what's this? I've seen many ideas for dealing with the problem, this
must be one of the more {*word*118} ones. {$S n} is about segment sizes.
Apparently, this setting, by some coincidence, slows down the execution of
the critical loop a little bit, so it works "just so" on some machines!?

> Any ideas on how to get them to run on a machine with a 300Mhz CPU??

There are several "real" solutions, one of them written by me, see my page.

--
Frank Heckenbach, Erlangen, Germany
heckenb@[NOSPAM.REMOVE.THIS]mi.uni-erlangen.de

Other Threads