PLEASE Help! DBE x Oracle: Vendor Initialization failed

Hello...

Ive experienced this errors in some machines and others not.
The procedure is the same in all, but Ive got this problem and I cant
figure out what to do... Thanks to any help!

Im using SQL*Net V2 in the stations
Im connecting to a Oracle8 Database

Remeber that with the same configuration some stations work.

This is the error:
-When I try to connect to an oracle alias I receive the following message:

Database engine error
Vendor initialization failed.
Alias:ORACLE1

-In detais:

DBE Error: 15879 [$3E] [$ 7]
Server error:
Vendor initialization failed.

Re:PLEASE Help! DBE x Oracle: Vendor Initialization failed

Load your BDE administrator and select the "configuration" tab on the left
pane.  Open the Drivers tree node and select and open the Native tree node.
Now select the Oracle item and make certain that the vendor init definition
setting is set to the correct DLL.  Oracle 8+ should be set to OCI.DLL along
with the DLL32 set to SQLORA8.DLL assuming you're using the Oracle 8 sqlnet.

"mmmjr" <mm...@fipnet.com.br> wrote in message

> Hello...

> Ive experienced this errors in some machines and others not.
> The procedure is the same in all, but Ive got this problem and I cant
> figure out what to do... Thanks to any help!

> Im using SQL*Net V2 in the stations
> Im connecting to a Oracle8 Database

> Remeber that with the same configuration some stations work.

> This is the error:

> -When I try to connect to an oracle alias I receive the following message:

> Database engine error
> Vendor initialization failed.
> Alias:ORACLE1

> -In detais:

> DBE Error: 15879 [$3E] [$ 7]
> Server error:
> Vendor initialization failed.

Re:PLEASE Help! DBE x Oracle: Vendor Initialization failed

I just had a situation where I lost my connectivity in the BDE but
accessing Oracle 8i via sqlplus (and worksheet) worked. I think
the problem came when I installed Oracle Enterprise Manager on
the workstation so I had two homes and the OEM seemed to have
an older version. I uninstalled (via Oracle Installation) the 8.1.5 client;
rebooted the computer (to be safe); re-installed the client (rebooted
again); and, wonder of wonders, regained connectivity. This might
help you. I still have a problem in the BDE administrator when I click
the down arrow on server (in oracle) and get the error message Invalid
File Name.

Hope this helps.

Dmeister <da...@malikyar.com> wrote in message

> Load your BDE administrator and select the "configuration" tab on the left
> pane.  Open the Drivers tree node and select and open the Native tree
node.
> Now select the Oracle item and make certain that the vendor init
definition
> setting is set to the correct DLL.  Oracle 8+ should be set to OCI.DLL
along
> with the DLL32 set to SQLORA8.DLL assuming you're using the Oracle 8
sqlnet.

> "mmmjr" <mm...@fipnet.com.br> wrote in message
> > Hello...

> > Ive experienced this errors in some machines and others not.
> > The procedure is the same in all, but Ive got this problem and I cant
> > figure out what to do... Thanks to any help!

> > Im using SQL*Net V2 in the stations
> > Im connecting to a Oracle8 Database

> > Remeber that with the same configuration some stations work.

> > This is the error:

> > -When I try to connect to an oracle alias I receive the following
message:

> > Database engine error
> > Vendor initialization failed.
> > Alias:ORACLE1

> > -In detais:

> > DBE Error: 15879 [$3E] [$ 7]
> > Server error:
> > Vendor initialization failed.

Re:PLEASE Help! DBE x Oracle: Vendor Initialization failed

Also, make sure that your path includes the Oracle \bin directory;
e.g., c:\orawin95\bin.  If you mismatch the Oracle server and client,
you will have problems.

John Pierce

Re:PLEASE Help! DBE x Oracle: Vendor Initialization failed

-I've tryed all the others dlls aviable in configuration tab.

-My path is correct, it has the location of the oracle home of my machine,
c:\orawin95\bin

-The server name does not have errors becouse its selected by a list box
that retreive its values from all my alias configured in my SQL*Net.
-Note that I have another workstation accessing an Oracle8 database using
SQL*NET V2 with the following DLLs SQLORA32.DLL and ORA73.DLL. The station
that is not working and the working station have win98.

mmmjr <mm...@fipnet.com.br> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:8hg1bn$b...@bornews.borland.com...

> Hello...

> Ive experienced this errors in some machines and others not.
> The procedure is the same in all, but Ive got this problem and I cant
> figure out what to do... Thanks to any help!

> Im using SQL*Net V2 in the stations
> Im connecting to a Oracle8 Database

> Remeber that with the same configuration some stations work.

> This is the error:

> -When I try to connect to an oracle alias I receive the following message:

> Database engine error
> Vendor initialization failed.
> Alias:ORACLE1

> -In detais:

> DBE Error: 15879 [$3E] [$ 7]
> Server error:
> Vendor initialization failed.

Re:PLEASE Help! DBE x Oracle: Vendor Initialization failed

What is SQL*NET V2?  Is that 3.3.4 or 8.X??

mmmjr wrote:

> -Note that I have another workstation accessing an Oracle8 database using
> SQL*NET V2 with the following DLLs SQLORA32.DLL and ORA73.DLL. The station
> that is not working and the working station have win98.

Are you saying that both clients are using Sqlora32.dll and ora73.dll?  Is
Ora73.dll in the \bin directory of the client where you are getting the error
message?  Have you also got the SQL8 client on the same machine?

Re:PLEASE Help! DBE x Oracle: Vendor Initialization failed

SQL*Net V2 is the way the Oracle refers to my SQL*Net 2.3.2.1.6A.
I think its for avoid mistakes between the Oracle Clients:
SQL*NET V1 (the oldest)
SQL*NET V2
NET8 (newest)

And Im sure that the ora73.dll is in the right place, the same as my path :
c:\orawin95\bin
mmmjr <mm...@fipnet.com.br> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:8hgmec$i...@bornews.borland.com...

> -I've tryed all the others dlls aviable in configuration tab.

> -My path is correct, it has the location of the oracle home of my machine,
> c:\orawin95\bin

> -The server name does not have errors becouse its selected by a list box
> that retreive its values from all my alias configured in my SQL*Net.

> -Note that I have another workstation accessing an Oracle8 database using
> SQL*NET V2 with the following DLLs SQLORA32.DLL and ORA73.DLL. The station
> that is not working and the working station have win98.

> mmmjr <mm...@fipnet.com.br> escreveu nas notcias de
> mensagem:8hg1bn$b...@bornews.borland.com...
> > Hello...

> > Ive experienced this errors in some machines and others not.
> > The procedure is the same in all, but Ive got this problem and I cant
> > figure out what to do... Thanks to any help!

> > Im using SQL*Net V2 in the stations
> > Im connecting to a Oracle8 Database

> > Remeber that with the same configuration some stations work.

> > This is the error:

> > -When I try to connect to an oracle alias I receive the following
message:

> > Database engine error
> > Vendor initialization failed.
> > Alias:ORACLE1