BDE installation does not let me change where to install BDE

Where does it install ?
I want to install BDE on other network computer.
I had BDE previously installed on network compouter, and that computer
crashed.
Now registry entries still point to that computer,
and BDE installation gives me an error
not enough disk space to install ....
I ahve 100mb free on C:\ drive.

Thanks,
Ashok

Re:BDE installation does not let me change where to install BDE

On Tue, 6 May 2003 15:50:05 -0400, "Ashok" <as...@ureach.com> wrote:
>Where does it install ?
>I want to install BDE on other network computer.
>I had BDE previously installed on network compouter, and that computer
>crashed.

The download from the Borland site was not a full install the last time I
checked.  It was only an upgrade to an existing BDE installation,  so of
course,  it would not ask you where to install,  it will upgrade what is
already there...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@iwc.net
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Re:BDE installation does not let me change where to install BDE

You are right.  It was an upgrade.
I do not have access to Delphi CD.
We fixed the problem by re-creating registry
to point to other machine on the network where
BDE is installed.

Thanks,
Ashok

"Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)" <JersW...@iwc.net> wrote in message

> On Tue, 6 May 2003 15:50:05 -0400, "Ashok" <as...@ureach.com> wrote:

> >Where does it install ?
> >I want to install BDE on other network computer.
> >I had BDE previously installed on network compouter, and that computer
> >crashed.

> The download from the Borland site was not a full install the last time I
> checked.  It was only an upgrade to an existing BDE installation,  so of
> course,  it would not ask you where to install,  it will upgrade what is
> already there...

> Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
> --
> http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@iwc.net
> Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam
> filters will probably just delete it anyway <g>)

Other Threads