Saving a bitmap into 16 colors

I'm finishing up an app that nicely let's me create bitmap images I use
for buttons on my websites.  One of the last things I have yet to come
across is how to get a new TBitMap image saved in 16 colors (thus making
it a lot smaller)?  On the same tolken, how do I limit the TColorDlg
downto 16 colors?

Thanks in advance!

Greg
--
Greg Postlewait Consulting
http://www.teleport.com/~gpost

Oregon Delphi User's Group
http://www.teleport.com/~gpost/delphi/

Oregon Computer Consultants Organization
http://www.occa.org

Re:Saving a bitmap into 16 colors

Greg Postlewait wrote:

> I'm finishing up an app that nicely let's me create bitmap images I use
> for buttons on my websites.  One of the last things I have yet to come
> across is how to get a new TBitMap image saved in 16 colors (thus making
> it a lot smaller)?  On the same tolken, how do I limit the TColorDlg
> downto 16 colors?

> Thanks in advance!

> Greg
> --
> Greg Postlewait Consulting
> http://www.teleport.com/~gpost

> Oregon Delphi User's Group
> http://www.teleport.com/~gpost/delphi/

> Oregon Computer Consultants Organization
> http://www.occa.org

To get the bitmap in 16 colors, see the GetDiBits() function.

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
Borland Delphi Developer Support Group