Adding a method to TDBRichEdit

I have a problem with the Rich Edit control.  When I set it into edit
mode, it blinks badly.  I read about a method BeginEdit that should be
moved from protected to public, but I don't know how to do that.  It
should be really easy, though, probably just 1 or 2 lines of code.  D
3.02, Win95.  Thanks.

Re:Adding a method to TDBRichEdit

Alan,

Make your own component, say MyDBRichEdit, wich is a decendant of
TDBRichEdit.
Declare a public part with the line

    property BeginEdit;

And you are ready to use it.

Hope it helps you,

Alfred.

Alan MacArthur heeft geschreven in bericht <36E68A53.2...@boeing.com>...

>I have a problem with the Rich Edit control.  When I set it into edit
>mode, it blinks badly.  I read about a method BeginEdit that should be
>moved from protected to public, but I don't know how to do that.  It
>should be really easy, though, probably just 1 or 2 lines of code.  D
>3.02, Win95.  Thanks.

Other Threads