Adding Field at Runtime to PDOX DB

Is there a way to add a new field to an existing Paradox DB at runtime? I
have a database that is already defined and need a way to add fields and
indexes at runtime using another utility inorder to update the database.
This is needed to update databases in the field when the program changes
and fields need to be added. Please Help!!

James Armstrong
jam...@awod.com

Re:Adding Field at Runtime to PDOX DB

jam...@awod.com (James Armstrong) wrote:
>Is there a way to add a new field to an existing Paradox DB at runtime? I
>have a database that is already defined and need a way to add fields and
>indexes at runtime using another utility inorder to update the database.
>This is needed to update databases in the field when the program changes
>and fields need to be added. Please Help!!

>James Armstrong
>jam...@awod.com

See local SQL "Alter Table Add ...."
in a query with execsql

Gruss, Holger

Holger Klemt - Die Inoffizielle Deutsche Interbase Homepage
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/holger_klemt/interbas.htm

Re:Adding Field at Runtime to PDOX DB

James Armstrong <jam...@awod.com> wrote in article
<MPG.d46f040f9281971989...@207.126.101.79>...

> Is there a way to add a new field to an existing Paradox DB at runtime? I
> have a database that is already defined and need a way to add fields and
> indexes at runtime using another utility inorder to update the database.
> This is needed to update databases in the field when the program changes
> and fields need to be added. Please Help!!

> James Armstrong
> jam...@awod.com

Yes indeed it is possible, by using calls direct to the BDE.  I've not got
the reference but if you have a CIS account you might check out the Delphi
forums, otherwise try the Technical Informations sheets that might be
stored on www.borland.com

Regards

John Small

Other Threads