Drawing Window Borders etc...

Has anyone out there ever modified more than just the Window Client area?  I
have been requested to modify the Window Border and maybe the Caption area
also.

From what I understand,  the only way to do this is to handle all of the
drawing myself.  However,  I've never done this so if someone can tell me
where to get started,  I'd really appreciate it.

Yeah, I know!!!  It's a stupid thing to ask for,  but then again,  I'm not
the boss.

Regards

Stan Stern

JETCAM International Holdings Ltd.

Re:Drawing Window Borders etc...

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:33:01 +0100, "Stan Stern" <s...@jetcam.net>
wrote:

> Has anyone out there ever modified more than just the Window Client area?

Sure, just handle the WM_NCPAINT message. Yorai Aminov has an example
of this on his website:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov

--
Rick Rogers (TeamB) | Fenestra Technologies
http://www.fenestra.com/

Stan Stern wrote in message <729bei$3...@forums.borland.com>...
>Has anyone out there ever modified more than just the Window Client area?
>have been requested to modify the Window Border and maybe the Caption area
>also.

>From what I understand,  the only way to do this is to handle all of the
>drawing myself.  However,  I've never done this so if someone can tell me
>where to get started,  I'd really appreciate it.

DrawEdge API may have something for you.

Nic Roche
net-dev
http://www.net-dev.com.au

Re:Drawing Window Borders etc...

Thanks Guys.

Re:Drawing Window Borders etc...

Sorry,  but I'm not familiar with Draw Edge API.  Where can I get info on
this?

Regards Stan Stern

Re:Drawing Window Borders etc...

I found it.  Win32 Help.
Excellent by the way.  Looks like just what I'm looking for.

regards Stan Stern.

Other Threads