Connection IB6.5 failed with "Shutdown"

Help,

I'm using IB6.5, Win2000 professional SP1.
I migrate data from IB5.5.(backup with IB5.5, restore by IB6.5).

I've created several USERS. Then I registered the new database in IBConsole.
SYSDBA is able to connect the server and also the database. But if I use "Connect as" to connect to the database (not SYSDBA!!!),
IB6.5 is showing this message:

"Error connecting to the requested database"
"C:\test\IB.gdb shutdown"

What is my mistake, what is the problem ???

Conrad.

Re:Connection IB6.5 failed with "Shutdown"

If seems that you have shutdown the database you're using - this makes it a
single user access database only (either SYSDBA or the database owner). Take
a look at the Operations Guide - there are instructions on 'restarting' a
database...

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - The Developer Tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

"Conrad" <Conrad.Moehlenk...@EWel.net> schreef in bericht

> Help,

> I'm using IB6.5, Win2000 professional SP1.
> I migrate data from IB5.5.(backup with IB5.5, restore by IB6.5).

> I've created several USERS. Then I registered the new database in
IBConsole.
> SYSDBA is able to connect the server and also the database. But if I use

"Connect as" to connect to the database (not SYSDBA!!!),
> IB6.5 is showing this message:

> "Error connecting to the requested database"
> "C:\test\IB.gdb shutdown"

> What is my mistake, what is the problem ???

> Conrad.

Other Threads