Parallel ports on Delphi 2.0?

How can I read from, and speak to a parallel port with Delphi 2.0 without
using asm code?
I supposed it had to be done with the readfile and writefile functions
but it doesn't seems to work for parallel ports or maybe am I not
initialising the port the right way?
If possible a small exemple would be vey welcome.

Thank You.

  Hoose Vincent.

Re:Parallel ports on Delphi 2.0?

saak_dertadian wrote:

> How can I read from, and speak to a parallel port with Delphi 2.0 without
> using asm code?
> I supposed it had to be done with the readfile and writefile functions
> but it doesn't seems to work for parallel ports or maybe am I not
> initialising the port the right way?
> If possible a small exemple would be vey welcome.

>   Hoose Vincent.

This depends on the OS, in Win95 you are still able to use the hardware but
in WinNT you *cannot* access the ports at all! You must instead get a device
driver to do the job for you, either buy one or write yourself (... :-( ...)
I have been asking around for this myself but to no avail.
Check out the WinRT package from BlueWaterSystems, they have stuff for both
environments.
--

Bo Berglund
bo.bergl...@mailbox.swipnet.se  (private)

If responding to a usenet article, please also send an e-mail
copy to my private address above. Thanks :-)