Resource Editor for 24-bit Bitmaps

Hi Keith,

I usually use Paint Shop Pro.

I did actually buy version 5, but I understand that there are several
versions available as shareware.

Hope this helps,

Gary Cailes,

Keith Johnson wrote in message ...
>Hi -

>Can anybody recommend a good resource editor (preferably freeware or
>shareware) that can handle 24-bit images? Borland's image editor (as
>supplied with Delphi) can only handle up to 256-colour images, as can
>the resource editor in Borland C++ 5.02.

>Thanks in advance,

>Keith
>--
> Keith Johnson     - Email: ke...@xentrik.demon.co.uk
> Xentrik Software  - Web:  http://www.xentrik.demon.co.uk
> &  Xentrik Films  - Tel:   +44 181 569 7244
>xentrik (eks-en'trik) adj. unconventional, irregular, capricious

Re:Resource Editor for 24-bit Bitmaps

Keith Johnson wrote in message ...
>Hi -

>Can anybody recommend a good resource editor (preferably freeware or
>shareware) that can handle 24-bit images? Borland's image editor (as
>supplied with Delphi) can only handle up to 256-colour images, as can
>the resource editor in Borland C++ 5.02.

http://www.torry.ru/tools/tproject/reshacker.zip

freeware.
with Resource Hacker you can swap into your exe an image of
any colour resolution you wish.
it can do a *lot* more too.

aj

Re:Resource Editor for 24-bit Bitmaps

the simplest solution of course is to create an *.rc file
and compile it into a *.res file using brcc32.exe ...
(MyBitmap.bmp can be any bitmap of any colour resolution)

//contents of bitmap.rc

   #define MYBITMAP 100
   //or whatever name or number you wish

   MYBITMAP BITMAP "c:\PathToMyBitmap\MyBitmap.bmp"

//commandline to compile...
   brcc32 bitmap.rc

aj

Other Threads