Delphi4 + Y2K + BDE + PARADOX Questions

I've written an app with Delphi 4 that uses the BDE and Paradox
tables.

 I have FOURDIGITYEAR = True and YEARBIASED = True.
When I look at my PARADOX data from the Database Desktop,
it displays the dates like 1/1/99 but  1/2/2000.  Shouldn't
it display 1999?  Is this ok, or should I be concerned?

Delphi's Date Picker seems to put the dates in with 2
digit years.  Will this cause any problems?

Also, when I setup the installation, how do I get these
2 values (FOURDIGITYEAR and YEARBIASED) to be set to True
on the computer that the program is being installed on??

Thanks for any help...
Clare
Clar...@usa.net

Re:Delphi4 + Y2K + BDE + PARADOX Questions

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:34:37 GMT, Clar...@usa.net (Clare) wrote:
>I've written an app with Delphi 4 that uses the BDE and Paradox
>tables.

> I have FOURDIGITYEAR = True and YEARBIASED = True.
>When I look at my PARADOX data from the Database Desktop,
>it displays the dates like 1/1/99 but  1/2/2000.  Shouldn't
>it display 1999?  Is this ok, or should I be concerned?

>Delphi's Date Picker seems to put the dates in with 2
>digit years.  Will this cause any problems?

>Also, when I setup the installation, how do I get these
>2 values (FOURDIGITYEAR and YEARBIASED) to be set to True
>on the computer that the program is being installed on??

How dates are stored using the BDE and how they are displayed in visual
controls are two very different things, governed by two distinct factors.

In your Delphi applications, dates are displayed in visual controls (such
as TDBEdit and TDBGrid) in the format stipulated by the Windows system
setting Short Date Style. You can change this setting and it affects how
dates are displayed in visual controls in Windows and all applications.

When a Delphi application first starts, the value of the Windows system
setting Short Date Style is stored in the Delphi global variable
ShortDateFormat. You can reset this variable in the application. The effect
is the same as changing the Windows setting, except it only affects the
Delphi application.

  ShortDateFormat := 'mm/dd/yyyy';

                                                              -- Redd Foxx

Other Threads