Writing Borland C++ v5.02 Windows programs that can run on machines without Borland C++ v5.02

Hai,

I've written several WinApi programs, using Borland C++ v5.02.
But every time I try to run it on another PC it gives the error that it
can't find the file cw3230.dll. I know that can be solved by just putting
that file in the same folder as the application, but I don't want to do
that. Does anybody know how to solve this problem.

Thanks, The Sorcerer

Re:Writing Borland C++ v5.02 Windows programs that can run on machines without Borland C++ v5.02

Hello,

You need to tell BC++ to statically link the neccessary libraries.

Right-click on the project node, select Target Expert and
select the options for Static libraries.

----
Jogy
http://www.jogy.net/
j...@sirma.bg

"The Sorcerer" <kleiw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3c8f88bb_2@dnews...
> Hai,

> I've written several WinApi programs, using Borland C++ v5.02.
> But every time I try to run it on another PC it gives the error that it
> can't find the file cw3230.dll. I know that can be solved by just putting
> that file in the same folder as the application, but I don't want to do
> that. Does anybody know how to solve this problem.

> Thanks, The Sorcerer

Re:Writing Borland C++ v5.02 Windows programs that can run on machines without Borland C++ v5.02

Thnx. I've been searching for that answer since I began writing Windows
programs.

> > Hai,

> > I've written several WinApi programs, using Borland C++ v5.02.
> > But every time I try to run it on another PC it gives the error that it
> > can't find the file cw3230.dll. I know that can be solved by just
putting
> > that file in the same folder as the application, but I don't want to do
> > that. Does anybody know how to solve this problem.

> > Thanks, The Sorcerer

Re:Writing Borland C++ v5.02 Windows programs that can run on machines without Borland C++ v5.02

I don't suppose anyone knows how to do this in Borland 4.0.  I've been
looking for such an option, and it seems that you can only do it when you
first create the project. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that.
-Hugh

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:07:41 -0500, "Hugh Ferguson" <hfergu...@vistar.ca>
wrote:

>> > Right-click on the project node, select Target Expert and
>> > select the options for Static libraries.
>I don't suppose anyone knows how to do this in Borland 4.0.
>it seems that you can only do it when you first create the project.

I'm not familiar with 4.0, but what has been described works with 4.5.

Are you saying that right-clicking the *.exe* node in the Project window
doesn't give you a speed menu with a Target Expert entry?

Note that if *not* using a project, right-clicking on the *edit* window brings
up a speed menu which will have a Target Expert item.

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,

Other Threads