"Table is full" error

I received a "Table is full" error when appending some records to a
table (using Delphi 3.02 , BDE 4.51). The table (Paradox 7) has already
5,366,818 records, has a primary index and a secondary one (descending).
What's the problem?
I can hardly believe that the maximum number of records has been
reached. What I can do to surpass this difficulty ?

I hope there's an answer for this one.

Thanks in advance,
Dan Timoscov

Re:"Table is full" error

What is the record size? This factor and several others determine
how many records you can store in a paradox table:
Level = 7
Block Size = ?
Fill Factor = ?
Physical record size = ?
Timoscov Dan wrote in message <35ED04C7.41589...@bx.logicnet.ro>...
>I received a "Table is full" error when appending some records to a
>table (using Delphi 3.02 , BDE 4.51). The table (Paradox 7) has already
>5,366,818 records, has a primary index and a secondary one (descending).
>What's the problem?
>I can hardly believe that the maximum number of records has been
>reached. What I can do to surpass this difficulty ?

>I hope there's an answer for this one.

>Thanks in advance,
>Dan Timoscov

Re:"Table is full" error

The maximum size of Paradox tables is 64k blocks.  The default block size is
2k so the default maximum size is 128 megabytes.  Using BDE Administrator
change the default block size for the Paradox driver to 4k (valid values are
2,4,8,16 or 32k), create a new table and BatchMove the data to the new
table.

I believe there is also a sample program that shows how to change the block
size in code at www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html.

--
Bill Todd