ORACLE Union x TField.DataType

I'm  accessing Oracle 7.3, using Delphi 3. There is a field called FIELD1 in
a table in the SGDB that is a NUMBER(5,0) data type. I created two views as
it follows:
View1 : SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1
View2 : SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1 UNION SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1

When you ask for the Describe command in the Oracle Envirement, you will be
surprised that the DataType of the field in View1 is NUMBER(5,0) and in
View2 is NUMBER.

Re:ORACLE Union x TField.DataType

This is a behaviour which I also have found out. And that gives me sometimes
problems.

Sandoval schrieb in Nachricht <6q1rqs$s...@forums.borland.com>...

>I'm  accessing Oracle 7.3, using Delphi 3. There is a field called FIELD1
in
>a table in the SGDB that is a NUMBER(5,0) data type. I created two views as
>it follows:
>View1 : SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1
>View2 : SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1 UNION SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1

>When you ask for the Describe command in the Oracle Envirement, you will be
>surprised that the DataType of the field in View1 is NUMBER(5,0) and in
>View2 is NUMBER.

Other Threads