Embedding BDe in .exe

Hi, is there a way of "hard code" the BDE drivers and functionallity
into my exe application? I mean, if i don't want to install an configure
BDE in each client machine, can i embed the BDE into my application?
Thanks
--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com

Re:Embedding BDe in .exe

No you can not do this with the BDE.

Guillermo Casta?o wrote:

> Hi, is there a way of "hard code" the BDE drivers and functionallity
> into my exe application? I mean, if i don't want to install an configure
> BDE in each client machine, can i embed the BDE into my application?
> Thanks
> --
> Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
> Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> Guillermo...@Hotmail.com
> WWW: http://www.GrupoMillennium.com (Gerente de Sistemas)
> ICQ # 33844513
> Systems and Computers Engineer

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Re:Embedding BDe in .exe

Hello

you can use install shield (the one that comes with Delphi) to install
and configure the bde when you install your application, which means
you just need to run the installer for your app. HTH

--
Robert MacLean

+2711 9555613 ext 14
rob...@idws.com
Web Site: http://www.idws.com

"Guillermo Casta?o" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> wrote in message

> Hi, is there a way of "hard code" the BDE drivers and functionallity
> into my exe application? I mean, if i don't want to install an
configure
> BDE in each client machine, can i embed the BDE into my application?
> Thanks
> --
> Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
> Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> Guillermo...@Hotmail.com
> WWW: http://www.GrupoMillennium.com (Gerente de Sistemas)
> ICQ # 33844513
> Systems and Computers Engineer

Re:Embedding BDe in .exe

YEs, i know. But i want is to have my executable file residing in only a
file server machine with shorcuts in each client machine. If the BDE could
be embedded, then i shoul have to distribute nothing!! The Nirvana!!  :)

Robert MacLean wrote:
> Hello

> you can use install shield (the one that comes with Delphi) to install
> and configure the bde when you install your application, which means
> you just need to run the installer for your app. HTH

> --
> Robert MacLean

> +2711 9555613 ext 14
> rob...@idws.com
> Web Site: http://www.idws.com
> "Guillermo Casta?o" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, is there a way of "hard code" the BDE drivers and functionallity
> > into my exe application? I mean, if i don't want to install an
> configure
> > BDE in each client machine, can i embed the BDE into my application?
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
> > Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> > Guillermo...@Hotmail.com
> > WWW: http://www.GrupoMillennium.com (Gerente de Sistemas)
> > ICQ # 33844513
> > Systems and Computers Engineer

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
Guillermo...@Hotmail.com
WWW: http://www.GrupoMillennium.com (Gerente de Sistemas)
ICQ # 33844513
Systems and Computers Engineer

Re:Embedding BDe in .exe

Because you posted this question in .sqlservers, I assume that this is
an IB/SQL7/Oracle, etc project... why not use the InterbaseExpress
components or ADO?  These compile right in and you don't need the BDE.

-Peter

>Hi, is there a way of "hard code" the BDE drivers and functionallity
>into my exe application? I mean, if i don't want to install an configure
>BDE in each client machine, can i embed the BDE into my application?
>Thanks

Re:Embedding BDe in .exe

> > Hi, is there a way of "hard code" the BDE drivers and functionallity
> > into my exe application? I mean, if i don't want to install an

configure

> No you can not do this with the BDE.

But you *can* do it with a great number of other database engines for
Delphi.  They all provide different sets of functionality (none are
equivalent to the BDE), but there is very likely something that will
work well for you.

http://www.kylecordes.com/bag/

--
[ Kyle Cordes * k...@kylecordes.com * www.kylecordes.com  ]
[ Developer, Consultant, Trainer: Java, Delphi, ASTA, etc.]

Re:Embedding BDe in .exe

IIRC, there was once a means to install just the app and BDE on a network
machine.
You'd have to do some tweaking on the client machines though

Check the BDE page. I think I saw it there before (unsupported I think).

Mio Nino P. Marquez

Other Threads