Delphi 2.0 talking to DLL under NT 3.51 sp4

This is my first time posting out here so be gentle...

I've created a DLL that does nothing but return the number 69.  If I
run it under Win95 it works fine.  If I run it under Win NT it spits
up an error telling me it can't find the DLL in the path, and it shows
the path.  The path it shows me does include the location of the EXE I
am running, which also has the DLL.  In other words, the DLL IS in the
path.  I've tried placing the DLL in the WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory, but
it still doesn't work.  Any NT experts out there have any clues as to
what is going on here?

In case you are curious the declarations look like this:
-----------------------------
DLL.DPR:

library DLL;

uses DLLForm in 'DLLFORM.PAS' {PasswordForm};

exports
  GetPassword,
  pleaseWork;

begin
end.
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
DLLForm looks like this:

unit Dllform;

interface

uses WinTypes, WinProcs, Classes, Graphics, Forms, Controls,
  Buttons, SysUtils, StdCtrls;

type
  TPasswordForm = class(TForm)
    Edit1: TEdit;
    Label1: TLabel;
    BitBtn2: TBitBtn;
    BitBtn1: TBitBtn;
  end;

function pleaseWork: integer; export; stdCall;

implementation

{$R *.DFM}

function pleaseWork: integer; stdCall;
begin