(Re)learning Delphi

I'm coming back to Delphi after a gap of nearly a year and a half. Having
worked as a Delphi programmer (though only in humble Delphi 1) I have some
idea what to do but my skills are basic, I think. I've never used Delphi
with databases, barely understand what OOP is, etc.

In preparation for employment, I want to develop the in demand skills that a
professional Delphi programmer should have. I need to know what the
necessary skills are and then find a way to teach myself them - I think by
coming up with appropriate programming projects.

Any advice at all gratefully appreciated.

Dug McRae

Re:(Re)learning Delphi

Hello, "Dug McRae" <the.mccr...@tesco.net>! You wrote:

> I'm coming back to Delphi after a gap of nearly a year and a half. Having
> worked as a Delphi programmer (though only in humble Delphi 1) I have some
> idea what to do but my skills are basic, I think. I've never used Delphi
> with databases, barely understand what OOP is, etc.

> In preparation for employment, I want to develop the in demand skills that
> professional Delphi programmer should have. I need to know what the
> necessary skills are and then find a way to teach myself them - I think by
> coming up with appropriate programming projects.

    I advice you to see job ADs at sites for job seekers on the net
(www.dice.com, www.monster.com, etc) by the keyword 'Delphi'.

In couple of words - look at modern programming technologies (COM/DCOM, XML)
and databases (MS SQL or Oracle). Also it would be very helpful to learn
about ADO and n-tier applications. If you want to become more profecient
with Delphi try to get a practice in writing of VCL components.

--
    Evgeny V. Levashov, software developer,
    ICQ UIN 34864288

Other Threads