Long File Names?

How can I read and write to files which names are longer then
the standard 8.3 format,(I'm using Turbo Pascal 1.5)?

Re:Long File Names?

Captain wrote:
> How can I read and write to files which names are longer then
> the standard 8.3 format,(I'm using Turbo Pascal 1.5)?

Look for these:

- Ralf Brown's Interrupt List has Infos on the DOS API for LFNs
- take a search engine, there are several LFN libraries out there!!!

Markus

Re:Long File Names?

JRS:  In article <3B646099.3090...@freenet.de>, seen in
news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Markus Humm <markus.h...@freenet.de>
wrote at Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:14:33 :-

>Captain wrote:

>> How can I read and write to files which names are longer then
>> the standard 8.3 format,(I'm using Turbo Pascal 1.5)?

>Look for these:

>- Ralf Brown's Interrupt List has Infos on the DOS API for LFNs
>- take a search engine, there are several LFN libraries out there!!!

If you were to read and understand the mFAQ, Marcus, you could give
better advice.  There is much software out there, some better than
others; and it would be helpful to refer to a source of known-sound
information.  The trouble with just recommending a search is that it may
find a superficially attractive but defective solution.

Captain, read the mFAQ (and the FAQ), see below.

I've not myself tried LFNs in TPW1.5, nor in a BP7 Windows-mode program;
documentation is not entirely clear as to whether Andreas's code works
there, though it may well do.  If someone knows the answer (I cannot
easily test it), perhaps it could go in the mFAQ?

Re:Long File Names?

Thanks for constructive criticsm, but I rahther prefer being written
with a k (means Markus). We're not like the ancient romans which didn't
have a k in ther latin. We do!

Markus (with k)

Re:Long File Names?

Captain a crit :

> How can I read and write to files which names are longer then
> the standard 8.3 format,(I'm using Turbo Pascal 1.5)?

look at the lfn section <http://files.pascaland.org/>
on my site
--
http://www.pascaland.org/ compilateurs, sources et liens langage pascal, delphi