SQL if field name reserved word

Hi,

I am trying to address a paradox database using local SQL.
Two fields in the database are named date and time. Now,
date and time are also functions in delphi, so I get an error
if I try

Select Date,Time
From...

I can't change the names of the fields in the database.

Is there a way to address the fields in the sql statements
so that Delphi knows I mean the fields and not the function
name or reserved words?

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Nunnally, Developer, Nun's Meadow Software
http://web2.airmail.net/nunnally

Re:SQL if field name reserved word

Nunnally wrote in message

<32170D6D4ADD619D.BD4C2A0CAECED276.7406F9E188A60...@library-proxy.airnews.ne
t>...

>Hi,

>I am trying to address a paradox database using local SQL.
>Two fields in the database are named date and time. Now,
>date and time are also functions in delphi, so I get an error
>if I try

>Select Date,Time
>From...

Put them in double-quotes(").