I am new in dephi and I have some doubts on the manipulation of databases

somebody could explain as using databases you relate them in delphi,  they
could send me an example, I occupy to make a routine of billing.

please recommend me a book on delphi

tanks for all

Kan...@hotmail.com

Re:I am new in dephi and I have some doubts on the manipulation of databases

I learned the database concept form the book that came with Delphi2 named
"Database Applications Developers guide". It is a very short and good book.
Sraya
Enrique Zerme?o "Kano" wrote in message <6trr1s$7...@forums.borland.com>...
>somebody could explain as using databases you relate them in delphi,  they
>could send me an example, I occupy to make a routine of billing.

>please recommend me a book on delphi

>tanks for all

>Kan...@hotmail.com

Re:I am new in dephi and I have some doubts on the manipulation of databases

How you relate tables depends on whether you are using a TTable component
for the child table or a TQuery Component for the child table.  With a
TTable set the MasterSource and MasterFields properties.  With a TQuery use
the DataSource property to link the query to the master.  Take  a look at
the on-line help for these properties and the discussions in the manuals and
post another message if you have problems using them.

--
Bill Todd

Re:I am new in dephi and I have some doubts on the manipulation of databases

Hi,

A good book on Delphi is   'Mastreing Delphi 3'  by Marco Cantu

Also, a good book on Delphi Databases is
     'Learning Delphi 2 Database Programming Today'
        by Jeff Cogswell

If you have more specific questions, you can email me.

Good luck,

Frank
-------------------------------

In article <6ts1rh$7r...@forums.borland.com>, Bill Todd (TeamB)
<bill_todd.nos...@compuserve.com> writes

>How you relate tables depends on whether you are using a TTable component
>for the child table or a TQuery Component for the child table.

I have to admit that I have never been totally sure why I should choose
one component over the other (TTable/TQuery).  I suspect that I should
be using TTable for smaller files, Paradox, Dbase, and TQuery for
larger, Interbase, etc.  Is there a 'rule' defining which one to use?

--
Pete Clark

Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the
things I cannot, and a shitload of money.

Re:I am new in dephi and I have some doubts on the manipulation of databases

[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.database.desktop and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <6trr1s$7...@forums.borland.com>, "Enrique Zerme?o  \"Kano\""
<Kan...@Hotmail.com> says...

> somebody could explain as using databases you relate them in delphi,  they
> could send me an example, I occupy to make a routine of billing.

> please recommend me a book on delphi

> tanks for all

> Kan...@hotmail.com

If you need the book in spanish, Read: