Access text field changed (in Delphi) into memo field

Using a MsAccess database via ODBC with Delphi I have the following problem:
In Access I have a text field with 250 characters. Using this field in
Delphi 4 I see that this text field is changed into a memo field what I
don't like. I can't see the content of this field in a DBGrid anymore.
I've seen that this change happens when an Access text field (255 characters
allowed) is bigger as 127 characters.
Does anyone has a solution?

 --
Adriaan Touw
Sonatelaan 40

030 6022802
at...@worldonline.nl

Re:Access text field changed (in Delphi) into memo field

Your problem is documented in the Borland FAQ.

  http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ4779B.html

Using the native driver will do fine.

Jens Kopecky

Adriaan Touw schrieb:

> Using a MsAccess database via ODBC with Delphi I have the following problem:
> In Access I have a text field with 250 characters. Using this field in
> Delphi 4 I see that this text field is changed into a memo field what I
> don't like. I can't see the content of this field in a DBGrid anymore.
> I've seen that this change happens when an Access text field (255 characters
> allowed) is bigger as 127 characters.
> Does anyone has a solution?

>  --
> Adriaan Touw
> Sonatelaan 40
> 3438 TK Nieuwegein

> 030 6022802
> at...@worldonline.nl

Re:Access text field changed (in Delphi) into memo field

I have the same problem; can't seem to find any response - did you get an
answer?
regards,
adam
Adriaan Touw wrote:
> Using a MsAccess database via ODBC with Delphi I have the following problem:
> In Access I have a text field with 250 characters. Using this field in
> Delphi 4 I see that this text field is changed into a memo field what I
> don't like. I can't see the content of this field in a DBGrid anymore.
> I've seen that this change happens when an Access text field (255 characters
> allowed) is bigger as 127 characters.
> Does anyone has a solution?

>  --
> Adriaan Touw