server app uses lots of CPU Cycles

I have written a DCOM application (client & Server). I noticed that the
server eats up lots of  cpu cycles, even after it finishes whatever task it
is doing. The server is written in Delphi 5.0, it uses ADO and
multi-threading. If I strip the com/dcom code from the server and run it as
stand alone, it does not consume much of the cpu cycles. any clue why this
is related to DCOM or to a combination of DCOM, ADO, and multi-threading?!

thanks

Re:server app uses lots of CPU Cycles

I would profile the code and to determine exactly where your code is
resource intensive. If you find that code, post it here.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

"sal" <s...@sdspro.com> wrote in message

> I have written a DCOM application (client & Server). I noticed that the
> server eats up lots of  cpu cycles, even after it finishes whatever task
it
> is doing. The server is written in Delphi 5.0, it uses ADO and
> multi-threading. If I strip the com/dcom code from the server and run it
as
> stand alone, it does not consume much of the cpu cycles. any clue why this
> is related to DCOM or to a combination of DCOM, ADO, and multi-threading?!

Other Threads