Board index » delphi » Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.

Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.

Can any body help?

Can't locate "Proxies.dcu" or - ".pas" for Delphi 6.0.

The unit "DesignEditors" has a call to it and "Proxies.dcu" for Delphi 5.0
is not compatible.

Best regards

Pasquale Castelluccio

 

Re:Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.


http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
proxies.pas
then one of the answers says
Install the designide.dcp package (the proxies unit is part of the package).

Jef

Quote
"Pasquale Castelluccio" <pasqu...@privat.dk> wrote in message

news:3b599c84_2@dnews...
Quote
> Can any body help?

> Can't locate "Proxies.dcu" or - ".pas" for Delphi 6.0.

> The unit "DesignEditors" has a call to it and "Proxies.dcu" for Delphi 5.0
> is not compatible.

> Best regards

> Pasquale Castelluccio

Re:Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.


Hi Jef

Everything is OK now.

But I'm astonished that a plain note form Borland, to those whom updates to
newer versions, does't exists.

Many Thanks your sincerely

Pasquale Castelluccio

"Jef Charlier" <jef.charl...@pandora.be> skrev i en meddelelse
news:3b59afec_2@dnews...

Quote
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
> proxies.pas
> then one of the answers says
> Install the designide.dcp package (the proxies unit is part of the
package).

> Jef

> "Pasquale Castelluccio" <pasqu...@privat.dk> wrote in message
> news:3b599c84_2@dnews...
> > Can any body help?

> > Can't locate "Proxies.dcu" or - ".pas" for Delphi 6.0.

> > The unit "DesignEditors" has a call to it and "Proxies.dcu" for Delphi
5.0
> > is not compatible.

> > Best regards

> > Pasquale Castelluccio

Re:Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.


Quote
"Pasquale Castelluccio" <pasqu...@privat.dk> wrote in message

news:3b59e3d4_2@dnews...

Quote

> Everything is OK now.

> But I'm astonished that a plain note form Borland, to those whom updates
to
> newer versions, does't exists.

Pasquale,

I only read short notes, like the one when I installed D6 together with D5.
I looked and found it, saying I had to put D6 it in another directory as D5.

I was very pleased to find only three books, two are very thin, when I
opened my new delivered Delphi6 box.

There was a time, not long ago, that I kept many information, made overviews
and indexes in Dbase or Excel. It were the days where computer- and
software-versions had a "long"-lifetime.

I still keep a minimum of personal information but the web has replaces my
old "technical database". Search engines on the web help me better than
before to resolve computer- and software-problems. Of course, I'm
priviledged to have cable-modem with unlimited access at a bargain ( 200$ /
year ). And I thank all the guys and girls who make all these web-pages and
news groups.

Jef

Quote
> Many Thanks your sincerely
> Pasquale Castelluccio

> "Jef Charlier" <jef.charl...@pandora.be> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:3b59afec_2@dnews...
> > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
> > proxies.pas
> > then one of the answers says
> > Install the designide.dcp package (the proxies unit is part of the
> package).

Re:Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.


<<Pasquale Castelluccio:
But I'm astonished that a plain note form Borland, to those
whom updates to newer versions, does't exists.

Quote

It's in the readme, IIRC.

--
Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

  Use Borland servers; TeamB don't see posts via ISPs
  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Re:Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.


You mean the line that says

"* Design-time packages that used ToolsAPI now also require
  designide."

I sure that means a lot to people "in the know" but it's far to cryptic for
ordinary developers who've never felt the need to get down into the
toolsAPI.

I passed over it thinking that it didn't concern me, but now reading this
thread I can see what I need to do to get one of the component sets on the
D6 companion disk to work. Yes, it requires proxies.dcu, but I've never
known where to find it.

John Small

"Deborah Pate (TeamB)" <d.p...@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in
message news:VA.00000b5a.004223b5@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk...

Quote
> <<Pasquale Castelluccio:
> But I'm astonished that a plain note form Borland, to those
> whom updates to newer versions, does't exists.

> It's in the readme, IIRC.

> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

>   Use Borland servers; TeamB don't see posts via ISPs
>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Re:Proxies.dcu for Delphi 6.0 missing.


<<John Small:
You mean the line that says

Quote

Well, there is also the 'Upgrading to D6' section in the
help, which has a page on 'DsgnIntf renamed and related
changes'.

--
Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

  Use Borland servers; TeamB don't see posts via ISPs
  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Other Threads