InterBase vs MS SQL Server

Is it a good practice to use MS SQL Server even when I don't use any of it's
benefits, than InterBase when developing both 2-tier and 3-tier or even
desktop databases? If yes why, if not why?

I don't have hardware limitations.
( Athlon 1.8GHz, Ram 512MB, HDD 60GB )

Re:InterBase vs MS SQL Server

"gio" <ma...@frremail.gr> wrote in message

> Is it a good practice to use MS SQL Server even when I don't use any of
it's
> benefits, than InterBase when developing both 2-tier and 3-tier or even
> desktop databases? If yes why, if not why?

Interbase is a full featured SQL server designed for multi-user,
client/server, any-tier applications. As long as queries are written well,
Interbase can handle 100s of concurrent users (hard limit at 1024) and
worked very well for web applications.

If you are doing desktop (single user) applications then Interbase is much
more ideal than any other SQL server because of its very small footprint and
requirements, but other than that just about any database choice is fine for
single user.

--
Wayne Niddery (Logic Fundamentals, Inc.)
RADBooks: http://www.logicfundamentals.com/RADBooks/delphibooks.html

Re:InterBase vs MS SQL Server

Thank you

Other Threads