Dutch language driver for Paradox tables?

I am trying to convert a Paradox database to Dutch. Anyone have any idea
about an appropriate language driver? The natural sort needs to be as
follows:

                    Duwel
                    Duijff, A
                    Duyff, B
                    Duijff, C
                    Duyn, A
                    Duijn, B
                    Duyn, C
                    Duzee

Just as an example!

Jonathan Hyams
Dataculture Limited, United Kingdom

Re:Dutch language driver for Paradox tables?

On Wed, 19 May 1999 09:52:57 +0100, "Jonathan Hyams"

<jhy...@dataculture.com> wrote:
>I am trying to convert a Paradox database to Dutch. Anyone have any idea
>about an appropriate language driver? The natural sort needs to be as
>follows:

>                    Duwel
>                    Duijff, A
>                    Duyff, B
>                    Duijff, C
>                    Duyn, A
>                    Duijn, B
>                    Duyn, C
>                    Duzee

Jonathan,

I'm from Belgium and my native language is Dutch.  There is no phone
book over here that lists the names in that order: this sounds more
like a phonetic sort to me.  Couldn't you add an extra field that
contains some kind of phonetic translation of the name?

Don't know if it works for Paradox, but a possible 'Dutch' language
that I found in BDEAdmin is 'Borland NLD Latin-1'.  FWIW, I always use
'WEurope' ANSI.

Jan

Other Threads