Growing TPrinter.Printers list

I'm attempting to copy the TPrinter.Printers list into a comboBox, but the
number of entries in the VCL list increases sometimes.

Example:

I have an initial list of
\\Server\Machine\Printer1 (assume selected as default)
\\Server\Machine2\Printer2

when I enter the PrinterSetupDialog and select the second printer the list
now is:
\\Server\Machine\Printer1
\\Server\Machine2\Printer2
\\Server\Machine2\Printer2 on ne00:

re-entering the dialog and re-selecting the 1st printer adds another entry!
Since I'm trying to extend this list, the increasing number is a pain.

Is there a way to not get, or intelligently remove, one of the duplicate
strings? Should the initial entries be removed or the new ones?

TIA
John