Strange problem with MsSQL Server 6.5 and Dephi 4.0

Hi

I have a problem with DBE-SQL Links and MsSql Server 6.5

In this technical document say "can't attach 2 querys at same TdataBase,
because at open second query
driver fetch all rows in buffers" resulting in large wait for second open in
case of first query is large table. But in my case in 2 differents Pc's, in
1 Pc is quieck... very quick in other Pc is slow... very slow... with both
querys in same TdataBase... WHY ?? i not uderstand... Version of Delphi is
4.0, version of BDE is 5.0 and server is only for all....

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/FAQ227B.html

Thanks...

Rafael Hernandez

Re:Strange problem with MsSQL Server 6.5 and Dephi 4.0

"Rafael Hernndez" wrote:

> Hi

> I have a problem with DBE-SQL Links and MsSql Server 6.5

> In this technical document say "can't attach 2 querys at same TdataBase,
> because at open second query
> driver fetch all rows in buffers" resulting in large wait for second open in
> case of first query is large table. But in my case in 2 differents Pc's, in
> 1 Pc is quieck... very quick in other Pc is slow... very slow... with both
> querys in same TdataBase... WHY ?? i not uderstand... Version of Delphi is
> 4.0, version of BDE is 5.0 and server is only for all....

> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/FAQ227B.html

> Thanks...

> Rafael Hernandez

I have the opinion that wherever possible use Stored Procedures instead
of immbedded SQL TQuery statements.

The business rules are easier to define, secure, and maintain on the SQL
Server.

This approach provide alot less network traffic.

One more tip is to use a SET NOCOUNT ON statement in the stored
procedure
so that it doesn't provide a record count return if not needed.

HTH

Rkr
--

                   \|||/