Delphi and serial ports

Hi there,

If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you read
from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

I use Delphi 3

Thanks in advance.

Bent Jensen

Re:Delphi and serial ports

Bent Jensen wrote:
> If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you read
> from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

I've already asked that question in that group, but nobody know the answer :(

--
With best regards & etc.
Alexander

Re:Delphi and serial ports

Hi!

>> If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you
read
>> from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

For best performance: Use threads and overlapped I/O.

Re:Delphi and serial ports

And what exactly does that mean??!?!?  :-|

Carl-Fredrik Neikter <c...@ludd.luth.se> wrote in article
<6hpnin$ij...@news.luth.se>...

> Hi!

> >> If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you
> read
> >> from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

> For best performance: Use threads and overlapped I/O.

Re:Delphi and serial ports

Bent Jensen heeft geschreven in bericht
<01bd6df0$d2196460$6cc90059@bent>...
|Hi there,
|
|If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where
you read
|from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated
|
|I use Delphi 3

_Short_ pieces of code that do serial communication don't exist,
because of the complexities involved under win32. I could provide you
with a basic unit that does much of the dirty work, but it's 12 Kb, so
I can't post it here. Mail me if you're interested.

Regards,
Dirk Claessens
dirk.claessens@village.#NOSPAM#uunet.be
dirk.claessens.dc@belgium.#NOSPAM#agfa.com
remove #NOSPAM#  from mailheader

Re:Delphi and serial ports

Bent Jensen schrieb:

> Hi there,

> If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you read
> from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

> I use Delphi 3

> Thanks in advance.

> Bent Jensen

Hi Bent

I've got some components for serial ports from the web.
If you're interested send me a mail.

Bye Stephan

Re:Delphi and serial ports

In article <353F998F.8FB95...@serv.pu.if.ua>, It's me <s...@serv.pu.if.ua>
wrote:

>Bent Jensen wrote:

>> If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you
read
>> from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

>I've already asked that question in that group, but nobody know the answer
:(

>--
>With best regards & etc.
>Alexander
>_________________________
>mailto:s...@serv.pu.if.ua
>P.S. If I even can't cry, does it mean, that everything is O'k?

you can find exemples (in french) at
http://www.eprat.com
and
http://www.eprat.com/DOWNLOAD/209.htm
http://www.eprat.com/DOWNLOAD/218.htm
http://www.eprat.com/DOWNLOAD/221.htm

jm laugier
laugi...@newsup.univ-mrs.fr
http://www.up.univ-mrs.fr/~laugierj/index.html

Re:Delphi and serial ports

Sorry, no "short pieces" but I would suggest Async Professional by Turbopower
you can reach them at www.turbopower.com. Lots of capability and good support.

HTH
Bill Burt, Jr.
BBur...@AOL.COM

Re:Delphi and serial ports

Your Name wrote:
> In article <353F998F.8FB95...@serv.pu.if.ua>, It's me <s...@serv.pu.if.ua>
> wrote:

> >Bent Jensen wrote:

> >> If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you
> read
> >> from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

> >I've already asked that question in that group, but nobody know the answer

I have fund some examples to do this at

http://www.web-span.com/pjohnson/delphi_comms.htm

Re:Delphi and serial ports

In article <01bd6df0$d2196460$6cc90059@bent>, nospam....@danprint.dk says...

> Hi there,

> If anyone could come up with a short piece of code in Delphi where you read
> from and write data to the COM ports it would really be appreciated

> I use Delphi 3

> Thanks in advance.

> Bent Jensen

i'm trying to connect a device to PC's port.

i need some codes like you. if you help me it would be appreciated.

email :  mehm...@yahoo.com

Other Threads