Copy of Delphi 1 and 2??!!

I live in Los angeles,ca
and I've been looking for a copy of Delphi 1 or Delphi 2 with Delphi 1
included.
Now I know about the PCPlus Computer mag which has included Delphi 1 and
2 on it's CD.
Problem is I can't seem to locate a copy in my area.
The reason I'm interested specifically in Delphi 1 is because I'm
currently Using Windows 3.11 for workgroups as my primary OS and
about a year ago a program named Calmira(www.calmira.org) came along
complete with source code and it's free.
Now the program(which is a shell for windows 3.x)has it's own website
and
email list.
Anyway I need Delphi 1 to contribute to it's development as that's the
Development System it was compiled with.

Thanks in advance.

Re:Copy of Delphi 1 and 2??!!

c.m.hitt wrote:

> Now I know about the PCPlus Computer mag which has included Delphi 1 and
> 2 on it's CD.

It was probably the September 98 PC Plus, UK version, that came with
Delphi 2 CD included. I think this edition did not include Delphi 1 also.
Also no documentation, only the online Help files.

How about supporting Inprise Corp. a little:-)  Buy any Delphi version
they sell, and you'll always get the D1 version included. Those that
have upgraded to D2..D4 also often sell their old D1 packages at a
reasonable price.

> about a year ago a program named Calmira(www.calmira.org) came along
> complete with source code and it's free.
> Now the program(which is a shell for windows 3.x)has it's own website
> and

Sounds an interesting project; Bring the Win95 Look and Feel on 16-bit
Win 3.11 platform.

Still, I would better have some Win 3.11 functionality with Windows 95.

For example, how to bring the W95 Workspace on top, when you have a couple
of bigger applications open? This was an easy ALT-TAB task with W3.11 Program
Manager. But with W95 you'll first have to close, or minimize the two apps,
and then you'll be able to see and use the W95 Workspace again:-(

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Copy of Delphi 1 and 2??!!

: Markku Nevalainen <m...@iki.fi> wrote:

>For example, how to bring the W95 Workspace on top, when you have a couple
>of bigger applications open? This was an easy ALT-TAB task with W3.11 Program
>Manager. But with W95 you'll first have to close, or minimize the two apps,
>and then you'll be able to see and use the W95 Workspace again:-(

I have seen PLENTY of shell extensions doing that - check Tucows or
WinFiles.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Re:Copy of Delphi 1 and 2??!!

Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> I have seen PLENTY of shell extensions doing that - check Tucows or
> WinFiles.

Yes, I tested some of those Powertoys etc. sometime last January. My
impression was that also all of them worked the way that they also minimized
all the open apps to Task bar.  Then after using something on the Desktop,
you had to click your original app(s) open again.

That works, but it's always slower than the fast, _keyboard based_, ALT-TAB
possibility.

If there is some way to get the W95 Desktop behave just as it were just one
folder among the other folders, I would be interested to know.
I know, I could use the old W3.11 Program Manager shell with W95, but that
is not a real option.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Copy of Delphi 1 and 2??!!

>If there is some way to get the W95 Desktop behave just as it were just one
>folder among the other folders, I would be interested to know.
>I know, I could use the old W3.11 Program Manager shell with W95, but that
>is not a real option.

I think I know the tool for you. Check
http://12ghosts.com/ghosts/desktop.htm.

Primoz

Re:Copy of Delphi 1 and 2??!!

>That works, but it's always slower than the fast, _keyboard based_, ALT-TAB
>possibility.

If you have a Windows 95 keyboard you can do Win + M to minimise all
applications (and thus see the desktop) and Win + Shift + M to get
everything back the way it was before Win + M.

Hope that helps,

AJ

Other Threads