crystal reports 8.5 vcl and delphi 6

Hi,

can anybody give me any pointers on how to get the crystal reports 8.5 vcl
to work in delphi 6, the component appears to be asking for a file from
delphi 5 (dsgnintf.pas) delphi 6 appears to use a file named
(DesignIntf.pas)

Re:crystal reports 8.5 vcl and delphi 6

Hi,

There is a site around that gives you instructions for doing this but I can
not remember the URL but it worked for me. Someone else may be able to give
you the URL.

I also found the instructions below from somewhere although I have not tried
these.
===================

1. Open Crystal.dpk
2. Choose Project | View Source.

3. Change the Requires clause to look like:
requires
  vcl,
  VCLX,
  VCLSMP,
  VCLDB,
  BDErtl,
  DesignIDE;

In UCrpeReg change the following:

4.  In the uses clause, replace "DsgnIntf, " with "DesignIntf,
DesignEditors,"

5.  In the procedure TCrWinControlProperty.GetValues (line 21584) replace

  Proc(Designer.Form.Name);

with

  Proc(Designer.Root.Name);

Do the same with the three other "Designer.Form.Name" references in
TCrpeLogProperty.GetValues (line 21594)

You should then be able to compile and install the VCL package.  If you want
to IFDef the source code, you should be able to, but I'll leave that up to
someone else.  Note that almost the exact same steps work with the version 8
vcl.

There were two versions of the 8 VCL that were "non-beta".  One version had
just a Crystal.dpk, the "x" version (now available only to registered
Crystal
Reports 8.5 developers) had separate design-time and run-time packages.  In
both cases, the exact same steps worked, except the
TCrpeLogProperty.GetValues
function did not reference form.Name, so the replacement with .root.name
wasn't needed.  One half-step shaved off (the second half of step 5 in my

"pedge" <finktan...@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3bf7867d_2@dnews...
> Hi,

> can anybody give me any pointers on how to get the crystal reports 8.5 vcl
> to work in delphi 6, the component appears to be asking for a file from
> delphi 5 (dsgnintf.pas) delphi 6 appears to use a file named
> (DesignIntf.pas)

Other Threads