Migration from D5 to D7 means migration from word97 to wordxp

Hi all,

i started to use D7 instead of D5, so I have to migrate my programs. I
use very much some word programming. Now I encounted that a lot changed
from word97 to wordxp (such as fileopen-dialog, range is incompatible
....). Does anyone know a source from where I can get the information
what changed or how to migrate my programs.

Thank you very much

Detlef Ross
detlef.r...@bevsh.de

Re:Migration from D5 to D7 means migration from word97 to wordxp

How can i change the active design time package. In the bin directory I only
found the dcloffice2K and the dclofficeXP, but not one for office97. So I
can't install the 97' package.

Thanks for some help

Markus Mathisson

"Franz-Leo Chomse" <franz-leo.cho...@samac.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:21:02 +0100, Detlef Ross <detlef.r...@bevsh.de>
> wrote:

> >Hi all,

> >i started to use D7 instead of D5, so I have to migrate my programs. I
> >use very much some word programming. Now I encounted that a lot changed
> >from word97 to wordxp (such as fileopen-dialog, range is incompatible
> >....). Does anyone know a source from where I can get the information
> >what changed or how to migrate my programs.

> You can activate the Word97 environment instead of the WordXP
> environment in Delphi7 by changing the active design time package.
> This would assure that your application would also work with elder
> versions than Office XP.

> Regards from Germany

> Franz-Leo

Re:Migration from D5 to D7 means migration from word97 to wordxp

Thanks for the very fast help!

Markus Mathisson

"Deborah Pate (TeamB)" <d.p...@blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.uk> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:VA.00001ad8.00046a92@blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.uk...

> <<Markus Mathisson:
> In the bin directory I only found the dcloffice2K and the
> dclofficeXP, but not one for office97.

> That one's called dclaxserver70.bpl.

> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

>   TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs
>   Use the real Borland server: newsgroups.borland.com
>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Re:Migration from D5 to D7 means migration from word97 to wordxp

<<Markus Mathisson:
In the bin directory I only found the dcloffice2K and the
dclofficeXP, but not one for office97.

That one's called dclaxserver70.bpl.

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs

Re:Migration from D5 to D7 means migration from word97 to wordxp

<<Detlef Ross:
When you add one of the server to your form, D7 will add
automatically wordxp

Yes, it will, if you have installed the XP components. You
can change that using the Components | Install packages
menu.

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs