Sending a Record from Comp A to Comp B

  Hi

  I would like to know how you would send a record from one computer to the
next using sockets (TServerSocket and TClientSocket for example  -  Indy
sockets also welcome).

  Any help and/or advise will be appreciated.

  ThanQ

  Example record structure :

       MyRecord = record
          Name : String;
          Surname : String;
          Age : Integer;
       end;

Re:Sending a Record from Comp A to Comp B

You can have the struct of the record on both sides of the connection and
just stream the record across ... have a look at the ImageServer demo and
the TCPDataset demo in INdy for ideas.

/A.

"Werner Cloete" <WAClo...@OldMutual.com> wrote in message

>   Hi

>   I would like to know how you would send a record from one computer to
the
> next using sockets (TServerSocket and TClientSocket for example  -  Indy
> sockets also welcome).

>   Any help and/or advise will be appreciated.

>   ThanQ

>   Example record structure :

>        MyRecord = record
>           Name : String;