Wanted: email component that allows file attachments freeware or shareware

I don't want (neither have the time) to build an email component and I'm
currently looking to find one.  If you have one that allows you to do this,
and that it is freeware or shareware (under 100$US), please email me at the
address at the end of this post (please read note at bottom).

thank you,
  Bryce

   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
   Programmer/Analyst
   ROMulin Group Inc.
   http://www.romulin.com
   mailto://romulin@nbnet.$nb.ca (subject line = Bryce)
   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce
note: remove all dollar signs in email address to reply

Re:Wanted: email component that allows file attachments freeware or shareware

"Bryce (Bristen Bourque)" <br...@eve.info$$$.umoncton.ca> wrote:

Take a look at jclsock, at www.jlockwood.com.  The attachment support
depends on what you're looking for; if the attachment is text, you'd
simply need to include it as part of the body; I'd have to look up in
the SMTP spec again to see what the format for that is.

John

>I don't want (neither have the time) to build an email component and I'm
>currently looking to find one.  If you have one that allows you to do this,
>and that it is freeware or shareware (under 100$US), please email me at the
>address at the end of this post (please read note at bottom).
>thank you,
>  Bryce
>   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
>   Programmer/Analyst
>   ROMulin Group Inc.
>   http://www.romulin.com
>   mailto://romulin@nbnet.$nb.ca (subject line = Bryce)
>   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce
>note: remove all dollar signs in email address to reply

------------------------

John Lockwood Consulting
http://www.jlockwood.com

Re:Wanted: email component that allows file attachments freeware or shareware

>Take a look at jclsock, at www.jlockwood.com.  The attachment support
>depends on what you're looking for; if the attachment is text, you'd
>simply need to include it as part of the body; I'd have to look up in
>the SMTP spec again to see what the format for that is.
>John

Hi John,

thanks for your reply...  We had found your component already, and found it
was a little too "low-level" I guess is what I was told (I have somebody
else trying-testing those our for me).  I was told that Andreas's TCP
components were pretty good.  Seems like we might go that directions.
Thanks for the information anyhow John.

Talk to ya later,
  Bryce

   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
   Programmer/Analyst
   ROMulin Group Inc.
   http://www.romulin.com
   mailto://romu...@nbnet.nb.ca (subject line = Bryce)
   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce

Re:Wanted: email component that allows file attachments freeware or shareware

>>Take a look at jclsock, at www.jlockwood.com.  The attachment support
>>depends on what you're looking for; if the attachment is text, you'd
>>simply need to include it as part of the body; I'd have to look up in
>>the SMTP spec again to see what the format for that is.
>>John

I also forgot to mention that the file attachements we were trying to do
were binary files...

best wishes,
  Bryce

   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
   Programmer/Analyst
   ROMulin Group Inc.
   http://www.romulin.com
   mailto://romulin@nbnet.$nb.ca (subject line = Bryce)
   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce
note: remove all dollar signs in email address to reply

Other Threads