Batch Move causing Table busy error??

I have an app that uses batch moves to batcopy selected records from one
table to another. It has worked fine for a long time.

I had to make an unrelated change to the program, and when I went to run
it on the client machine it gave an engine version error. I updated the
engine and the problem went away.
However I now get an error that the destination table of the batch move
is busy?

If I run the previous version of the exe with the updated engine it
works ok (except the change I need is not implemented of course.)

What gives? Help

Thanks

Re:Batch Move causing Table busy error??

Dont know really whats the problem.
But I'll try to help what i know.
Remove all exclusiveness from database and dataset.
If it doesnt mean something bring it back.
Check if selected tables are Active/NotActive
This error may cause when applic. "hangs"
I'm all.

<defaultu...@domain.com> wrote in message

> I have an app that uses batch moves to batcopy selected records from one
> table to another. It has worked fine for a long time.

> I had to make an unrelated change to the program, and when I went to run
> it on the client machine it gave an engine version error. I updated the
> engine and the problem went away.
> However I now get an error that the destination table of the batch move
> is busy?

> If I run the previous version of the exe with the updated engine it
> works ok (except the change I need is not implemented of course.)

> What gives? Help

> Thanks

Re:Batch Move causing Table busy error??

What database are you using? What version of Delphi are you using now? What
version of the BDE? What version of Delphi is the old EXE compiled with? Is
the destination table open anywhere else in your app when you call the
BatchMove component's Execute method? What is the Mode property set to?

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Batch Move causing Table busy error??

Exclusiveness seems to vary depending on whether
the ttable was initially opened exclusive or non-exclusive
and whether it was set active or inactive in design mode.
I don't remember which way it goes.  When you experiment
do it outside the ide since if the ttable is left active there in
any mode you can't make it exclusive in run time.

So in other words, I would experiment with every variation
of exclusive/nonexclusive active/not active in design mode
and see which one works.  There have been other posts
on this issue.

<defaultu...@domain.com> wrote in message

> I have an app that uses batch moves to batcopy selected records from one
> table to another. It has worked fine for a long time.

> I had to make an unrelated change to the program, and when I went to run
> it on the client machine it gave an engine version error. I updated the
> engine and the problem went away.
> However I now get an error that the destination table of the batch move
> is busy?

> If I run the previous version of the exe with the updated engine it
> works ok (except the change I need is not implemented of course.)

> What gives? Help

> Thanks

Other Threads