Lock Time Out - SQL Server connection timed out - Help

Anybody,

My application does many queries involving updates and simple selects.
However this one fails unless I run it in MS SQL Server's Isql_W.

update taz_anis
set
   WeekEndDate = sls.EndDate
from  SalesWks sls,
      taz_anis tz
where
   tz.dateprepared
between
   sls.startdate
and
   sls.enddate

Does anyone know why?  I have the latest BDE.

Re:Lock Time Out - SQL Server connection timed out - Help

Brian Engelhardt wrote:

> Anybody,

> My application does many queries involving updates and simple selects.
> However this one fails unless I run it in MS SQL Server's Isql_W.

> update taz_anis
> set
>    WeekEndDate = sls.EndDate
> from  SalesWks sls,
>       taz_anis tz
> where
>    tz.dateprepared
> between
>    sls.startdate
> and
>    sls.enddate

> Does anyone know why?  I have the latest BDE.

I believe I found my answer:
Evidently if your query runs longer than the default of 500 seconds
in the native driver configuration  you need to bump it up. Funny,
mentioning the word LOCK made me think it was a problem at the server
end. Not sure why LOCK appears in the message.
Brian Engelhardt

Other Threads