Pascal AI source code!?!

Pardon my surprise... I am actually a fan of Pascal for general
procedural programming and such.  And I realize that it is quite possible
to port over any number of expert system shells, and rule driven engines,
etc.  But I cannot imagine why anyone would want to explore AI using Pascal,
or C/C++ for that matter.  My advice to anyone who cares to take notice of
it is to learn a functional language, such as Lisp (or preferably Scheme,
because of first-class continuations, and tail-recursion optimization).
Even Smalltalk seems like a better environment.

When exploring high level concepts and ideas, the last thing I want to
have to think about is managing memory, strong typing, and compile-edit-run.

Just one person's opinion...

David Richards
d...@world.std.com