Board index » delphi » EDB Error - Filename too long?

EDB Error - Filename too long?

I just installed my application on a client's machine and I get the
following error:

Exception EDBEngine Error in Module FRS.EXE at 000C7A02
File name is too long for a Paradox version 5.0 table.
File: C:\Program Files\Paschen Communications\Facility Reservation
System\Data\Reservations.DB

My question is ... why is my file set as a version 5.0 table?
It was created in Database Desktop.
When I look at it in DB Explorer it IS a version 5 table, although others in
the application were created as version 7.
Is there any way to just change the version of the table?
Is there any way to make sure that it only uses version 7 tables?

--
Chris Paschen

 

Re:EDB Error - Filename too long?


Quote
>My question is ... why is my file set as a version 5.0 table?
>It was created in Database Desktop.
>When I look at it in DB Explorer it IS a version 5 table, although others in
>the application were created as version 7.

The BDE default is to create a table with the level you have set as the Default
table level in your BDE config unless the table needs features only supported in
a higher table level.  

Quote
>Is there any way to just change the version of the table?

There is a utility on Borlands web site to do this.  
A quick way to change a table to level 7 with the Database desktop is to add a
descending index.

Quote
>Is there any way to make sure that it only uses version 7 tables?

Set level 7 as the default table level in the BDE config.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:EDB Error - Filename too long?


As usual, you've saved my sanity. Thanks again for the help, and thanks for
taking the time to answer my dumb questions with the obvious answers.
[Sometimes I think I'm just too close to the forest to see the trees!]

Brian Bushay TeamB <BBus...@Nmpls.com> wrote in message
news:3720b800.48192326@floyd...

Quote
> The BDE default is to create a table with the level you have set as the
Default
> table level in your BDE config unless the table needs features only
supported in
> a higher table level.

> There is a utility on Borlands web site to do this.
> A quick way to change a table to level 7 with the Database desktop is to
add a
> descending index.

> Set level 7 as the default table level in the BDE config.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads