Alt shortcuts in Tmainmenu disappearing when items are added

Hi,

I've been trying to manage menus systematically through actions. I have
created descendents of TCustomAction and TCustomActionLists with extra
properties controlling visibility, required user rights and so on. Menus are
then created dynamically in form show events, populated from the action
list.

I have found that as soon as a menu item is added to a main menu, all the
Alt+key shortcuts disappear from all the menu items. (The menu item is
created dynamically, and its action property is assigned before it is added
under the appropriate parent item in the main menu).

Is this a known problem and is there a solution? A colleague has heard of
similar problems when form inheritence is used.

Any help much appreciated.

Joe

Re:Alt shortcuts in Tmainmenu disappearing when items are added

In article <3c67b65b$1_1@dnews>, Joe Otten wrote:
> I've been trying to manage menus systematically through actions. I have
> created descendents of TCustomAction and TCustomActionLists with extra
> properties controlling visibility, required user rights and so on. Menus are
> then created dynamically in form show events, populated from the action
> list.

> I have found that as soon as a menu item is added to a main menu, all the
> Alt+key shortcuts disappear from all the menu items. (The menu item is
> created dynamically, and its action property is assigned before it is added
> under the appropriate parent item in the main menu).

They don't disappear, Windows does just not show them until you hold down the
Alt key. This is one of the more idiotic changes MS made in Win2K, you can
switch it off somewhere in the display settings, effects page.

Use the newsgroup archives :
http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html
http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
http://groups.google.com
http://www.prolix.be

Re:Alt shortcuts in Tmainmenu disappearing when items are added

> > I have found that as soon as a menu item is added to a main menu, all
the
> > Alt+key shortcuts disappear from all the menu items. (The menu item is
> > created dynamically, and its action property is assigned before it is
added
> > under the appropriate parent item in the main menu).

> They don't disappear, Windows does just not show them until you hold down
the
> Alt key. This is one of the more idiotic changes MS made in Win2K, you can
> switch it off somewhere in the display settings, effects page.

Yes, I know about that (I should have mentioned it) and it is not what is
happening here. The underlines disappear, they don't reappear when you press
ALT, and the key combinations don't work. And I have the idiotic change
switched off already.

This is irrespective of whether AutoHotKeys is set to maAutomatic or
maManual, and calling RethinkHotKeys makes no difference.

In article <3c68dc78_1@dnews>, Joe Otten wrote:
> This is irrespective of whether AutoHotKeys is set to maAutomatic or
> maManual, and calling RethinkHotKeys makes no difference.

Mh, no further ideas, sorry.

Use the newsgroup archives :
http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html
http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm