Board index » delphi » Registering DCOM server on client

Registering DCOM server on client

Hi

I want to register my DCOM object on the client pc and know this can be done
by either running the server application once on the client or using Tregsvr
(borland tool) together with the type library.

But how to do it on a pc without Tregsvr?
Or perhaps this is freely distributable?

TIA
Uffe

 

Re:Registering DCOM server on client


Quote

> By using RegSvr32.exe in c:\windows\system

> Arno Kwetters

Thanks, I had forgotten about it :-)

Re:Registering DCOM server on client


Quote
Uffe Kousgaard <u...@routeware.dk> wrote in message

news:3ad30ed6$1_2@dnews...

Quote
> Hi

> I want to register my DCOM object on the client pc and know this can be
done
> by either running the server application once on the client or using
Tregsvr
> (borland tool) together with the type library.

> But how to do it on a pc without Tregsvr?
> Or perhaps this is freely distributable?

> TIA
> Uffe

By using RegSvr32.exe in c:\windows\system

Arno Kwetters

Re:Registering DCOM server on client


I thought I read that regsvr32 did not work on registering a type library?
I copied the tregsvr.exe to where I needed and registered the type library
with this.

Thanks.

--
Drew Poggemann
poggema...@new.rr.com
(920) 205-3739

Quote
"Uffe Kousgaard" <u...@routeware.dk> wrote in message

news:3ad31a91$1_2@dnews...
Quote

> > By using RegSvr32.exe in c:\windows\system

> > Arno Kwetters

> Thanks, I had forgotten about it :-)

Re:Registering DCOM server on client


Or you can do it programatically by using DllRegisterServer Win API call

Quote
"Uffe Kousgaard" <u...@routeware.dk> wrote in message

news:3ad30ed6$1_2@dnews...
Quote
> Hi

> I want to register my DCOM object on the client pc and know this can be
done
> by either running the server application once on the client or using
Tregsvr
> (borland tool) together with the type library.

> But how to do it on a pc without Tregsvr?
> Or perhaps this is freely distributable?

> TIA
> Uffe

Re:Registering DCOM server on client


Quote
"Johan Otto" <johan.o...@ixchange.com> wrote in message

news:3ad3ef4e_2@dnews...
Quote
> Or you can do it programatically by using DllRegisterServer Win API call

Sounds as if it is only for registering DLL's not EXE's ?

Re:Registering DCOM server on client


Uffe,

You should find the source of TRegSvr in Demos\ActiveX\TRegSvr, so you
can see how it does its stuff and then include similar functionality
in your client appln.

Cheers, Martyn

Other Threads