Replacing DBASE tempory tables with SQL Server hosted temp tables

I have been using tempory tables created on the client's machine using the
dbase driver.

I have swapped to www.ODBC98.com for the database routines and am working
to remove the BDE entirely from the application. As a plug for Kosta, let
me say that the intention in using his components is not only to improve
the applications speed but also to simplify the instalation requirements
and reduce the number of settings users can play with and thus much up.

Presently I want to change so the application is pure ODBC for its database
requirements and uses only the host database.

Accordingly I have thought of using tampory tables on the host. ( MS-SQL
server or Sybase SQLA)

How do we :

1) Declate a temp table in the delphi app and open it

2) Keep it in existance only until we close it.

3) While it is open I want to add/ edit records and swap indexnames.

If this is entirely the wrng approach, your comments will also be
appreciated.

richard

Re:Replacing DBASE tempory tables with SQL Server hosted temp tables

In article <01bd869b$96d5f8a0$0201100a@skynet1>, Richard Sydney-Smith wrote:
> Presently I want to change so the application is pure ODBC for its database
> requirements and uses only the host database.

As long as the sizes are reasonable, TClientDataset makes an excellent temp table.  Used in this
way, there's no MIDAS license requirement, and all you need to install is DBCLIENT.DLL.  It's a
good idea to run RegSvr32 DBClient.DLL, but that's not necessary in you install in the
windows\system directory.

Other Threads