Help: Can't open any file in D4

That sounds like a problem I have recently started having with both saving
and opening files - sometimes the dialog just doesn't show. But with me
it's not just in Delphi, it's happened with other programs, and it's only
started in the last week since I installed some other software, so it's not
a Delphi problem. My principal suspects are:
Cs-rcs version control
GExperts
Microsoft Outlook
Have you installed any of these?

Deborah Pate

coolguy wrote in message <792khq$...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...

I would start D4 Pro, I am able to open any file, the problem starts after
I compile and run any program. I would click File|Open but delphi does not
display the open dialog box.

Re:Help: Can't open any file in D4

coolguy wrote in message <792khq$...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...

I would start D4 Pro, I am able to open any file, the problem starts after
I compile and run any program. I would click File|Open but delphi does not
display the open dialog box.

I've been investigating some more, and it's definitely not just a Delphi
problem. What seems to cause it is loading up certain other programs while
Delphi is running - but I get the same problem in Dreamweaver if I open MS
Outlook while it's running, for example. I haven't yet found a way to stop
this, but I have found a temporary fix. Try opening various little utility
programs when you have this problem - you'll probably find one that will
bring Delphi's menus back to life. I have found, for example, that opening
Rogsoft's Notepad+ will reactivate Delphi. It's not the ideal solution, but
it's a lot faster than closing and reopening Delphi itself.

HTH
Deborah Pate

Other Threads