Delphi 2.0 OBJ linking, can't get C run-time .lib attached

I'm trying to use Delphi 2.0 with BC++ 5.0 .OBJs

I use $L in my project .dpr to load the object files. It looks like
functions exported in one .obj aren't visible to the other .objs,
leading to unknown references.

Also, all the standard C library imports (strdup, etc) can't be resolved
either. I can't seem to get Delphi 2.0 to load the cw32mti.lib either.

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to make a DLL out of this...

I have my project preferences set to make .objs, should I be using TLINK
instead of the IDE to make this?